About me - francesco bertaccini
Nothing really worth doing is easy. I too have encountered several obstacles along the way, but I do not regret anything. Because? During my journey, I honed my skills and tested my skills in the real world. Now customers can take advantage of all this experience.
My name is Francesco Bertaccini, 1984, Engineer, graduated from the Polytechnic of Milan in Aerospace Engineering in 2008 with a thesis on the Safety Management System. Subsequently, from 2012 to 2015 I attended a Master of Science (MSc) at the prestigious Cranfield University in Safety and Accident Investigation (Air Transport) which I concluded with a thesis on risk analysis relating to post-maintenance test flights.
My work experience started in 2006 in Eurofly, an Italian charter airline based in Milan, which later became Meridianafly (after the merger with Meridiana) and Air Italy from 2018. During this period I initially held only roles related to Airline Safety, then expanding the responsibilities by first covering the role of Crisis Manager, up to the position of Business Resilience Manager with the task of developing Business Continuity Plans from scratch for each department in a harmonised way. This role has a broad spectrum on business operation with the possibility of interfacing with each area in a transversal way.
Starting from September 2020, I'm Risk Lead Associate at Willis Towers Watson insurance broker in the Risk & Analytics team.
Since 2010 I'm a trainer for all levels (from top management to frontline), both internal and external, on all the different matter I master.
From Nov 2016 to Sep 2020 I've been member of the Steering Committe of Italian Flight Safety Committee. For the same association I'm a trainer of Emergency Response Plan and aviation safety related matters during the Aviation Safety Management System Courses.
Since June 2016 I'm an aggregate member of the State Exam Commission for Industrial Engineering for the Politecnico di Milano (Milan - Italy).
- 2007 Italian Air Force Accident Investigation Course
- 2012 Professional qualification to carry out the profession of Engineer
- 2014 Aviation Safety Management System - Basic Course
- 2014 Aviation Safety Management System - Advanced Course
- 2016 Course on risk management related to operational fatigue
- 2016 Family Assistance course to support family members and survivors following a plane crash
- 2019 Certificate of Business Continuity and from 2020 Associate member of the Business Continuity Institute
- 2020 Upgrade to AMBCI level by the Business Continuity Institute.